Friday, August 12, 2005

Busy, busy...

Countless trips to the dump and charity shops (run by extras from Little Britain or League of Gentlemen I think) this week have seen the house become increasing empty.

Having decided to let our house now instead of selling it, I realised on Wednesday afternoon that some DIY was required - now all the pictures and mirrors are down the holes are patched and in a remarkable fit of energy we have repainted the lounge, dining room, kitchen, hall and landing. Pretty good effort for two days IMO. So it's starting to be de-personalised but it looks very rentable.

I lost my COPR form this week - just about the most important piece of immigration paperwork imaginable - this about an hour after booking our one way tickets. About an hour later after much panic, cursing and calls to the Canada Embassy I found it exactly where I put it in order to keep it safe until the big day. Putting things in safe places (and forgetting them) is something I do frequently. Actually, just forgetting stuff is something I very good at...

On a different matter, I have just enjoyed (dare I say "yet") another day of bliss courtesy of the English cricket team. I'm almost ready to believe we might just do something special this summer. Still lets not count any chickens with the good English weather looming over Old Trafford...

Bedtime I think - need to finish the kitchen in the morning before play resumes at 10:30!

No comments: