Sunday, January 29, 2006

Doctors vs. Homeopaths round 2

Years ago when I was contracting I got myself a dose of shingles, my doctor told me to take painkillers and lie on the sofa for 4-8 weeks and wait for things to get better. As a contractor, if I didn't work, I didn't get paid, so I took myself off to see a homeopath, £50, a few funny little pills and four days later I was back at work... It's a bit of a difference.
Now Ellie has a very (for her) painful complaint for which the conventional medical treatment is "to wait 18 months to 5 years" and it will "go away by itself". Frankly that's not good enough, every so often she gets an infection and some lovely pink anti-biotics. Well, no more, off to the homeopath we went again. It's too early to say whether it will be 2-0 or 1-1, but my money's on 2-0...

No comments: