Saturday, March 04, 2006

Wow

So my wrist is making amazing progress now - the massage on the carpal tunnel itself lasted probably no more than five minute and was quite bizarre in its delivery (no much more than a stroking of the inner arm) but the results have been amazing - I had been applying gel to numb the pain, now there is no need. I complete a set of exercises every day and I'm even hoping to resume the decoration of the house next weekend - more green to cover up! By back is still pretty sore and the side effects of the (extremely) gently massages have been extreme. I have a four week break now to do exercises and drink water after which I will return to have my pelvis and kidneys adjusted - they apparently can effect the carpal tunnel too... Might sound like mumbo jumbo, but I'll take it over the medical professions "Here's some anti-inflamatories, rest it completely for two weeks and if necessary, put it in a splint..." - I mean how realistic is that for someone living in the real world? My homeopath was happy for me to continue as normal preferably avoiding pain if possible, slightly more realistic when looking after two small children! Anyway many thanks for the Bowen Technique Massage go to Meryl Cook of the Kachina Health Centre!

No comments: