Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Techno House...

Gradually I'm getting on top of my new technology (amplifier, HDD/DVDR, Roku). It's getting harder to get these things to work properly, I'm 36 now, reaching that age where I can't always set them up without the manuals and Ellie (4) and Thomas (1) aren't quite old enough to take over these crucial responsibilities. LOL.
Anyway things seem to have moved on somewhat, the old coax connectors have been replaced by optical fibres and they are cool, one link instead of six and awesome sound. I remember ten years ago when I was installing early Local Area Networks thinking how great they were, now I run a radio network in my house, all my CDs are on a PC in the basement which broadcasts the album I want to listen to the Roku. Glorious. Meanwhile my Zen mp3 player syncs the same albums for mobile "enjoyment".
Six more speakers to attach and then we can see how the THX stuff works.
Needless to say, there will be no Techno on my Roku, or House for that matter!
Goodnight folks.
Currently watching: Soprano's Season #1, we missed it in the UK and as the local video library rents box sets so we can indoctrinate ourselves well and truly into the odd decent bit of TV over here. For someone with all the Goodfellas and all of the Godfather DVDs this had to be a winner for me!

No comments: