Sunday, September 18, 2005

Buying Cable...

Whilst customer service is so good here, I hope I've tried not to be too critical of what I left behind, however, this evening, NTL this is for you - this is how you do it...

We dropped by to the Eastlink stand in the local mall to order cable TV, phone and internet service yesterday, we were told we could not get the TV service installed until we actually own a TV because the cable can leak radiation (zoiks). No problem we thought, we can wait for all three for a week (the TV will have to be delivered and has a lead time of a week).

Then the girl on the counter (Erica!) said "So the engineer will be with you on Tuesday....".

"Er I have no TV" I said.

To which the reply was "that's ok, we'll connect the phone and the Internet on Tuesday, give us a call when the TV arrives and we'll come back and do that then...".

CAN YOU IMAGINE NTL, my last provider in the UK, (who are worse than useless) happily SUGGESTING that they make two seperate installation visits for no extra charge simply because it would be more convenient for me, the customer. Not on your life.

Actually there was one slightly sticky spot. Erica look a little awkward when she told us that the installation fee would actually be higher than normal because it's a new house and "well, we need to actually run the cable into the house..." The extra charge? $10, so the installation cost $55 instead of $45... NTL charged me £50 to move a cable. 'Nuff said.

No comments: