Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Snagging...

About ten years ago MC and I bought our first house in Bicester, about 12 miles from Oxford, it was a new build by a company called, I think, Westbury Homes. I tend to block it out of my memory as we spent many months getting the builders to complete or repair their shoddy work. The entire kitchen had to be removed and refitted as it was not square. Parts of the window frames were missing - having been removed to complete a different house. The banister was hanging off along with a long piece of plaster, the brass bracket was then screwed into the hole (left by the plaster) and plastered over. These are the ones that stick in my mind - they took months to resolve, my customer "service rep" suggested I chase the builders myself - this earned her Managing Director a Private and Confidential letter...
Anyway I swore I'd never go into a new build again, but here I am, the difference this time is that the snagging will almost certainly be completed tomorrow, a week after we moved in. We've made the odd phone call, nothing major and tradesmen have swarmed over house resolving everything. On three occasions, they have arrived within the hour. Obviously there shouldn't be any snagging at all - but if there must be... I'd rather do it here!

No comments: